Our neighborhood watch was decommissioned last weekend. I don’t think he was too happy about it but we went from this (thank you Miss Kari for your help):
To peace and quiet in less than 4 hours.
You know when you have a mile long to-do list and things just keep getting put off and put off until something finally lights that fire under you? That’s what happened with “put up window film” on our to-do list. We’ve had the window film sitting in our storage closet for at least 6 months but every time I looked at it, I would say, “maybe next weekend.” That’s until Miss Peg lit that fire…
I had posted this picture on Facebook with the caption:
Scanning the neighborhood for those evil four-legged beasts.
Well, Miss Peg commented and referred us to a blog about a woman who also has a reactive dog and fixed a lot of the problem by putting up window film. That was all the fire I needed-it was time to tackle the window film project!
It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. The hardest part was cutting the film, which wanted to roll back into itself. With the help of Steve, we had the project done in about 4 hours and that included a trip to Home Depot to grab another roll of window film.
We haven’t had a single episode of barking, snotting all over the windows, and scratching the wood window sills for a whole week! I’m just kicking myself we didn’t do this sooner!